Mathematics plays an important role within Elms Bank. Mathematical skills and concepts underpin enabling our students to progress towards their independence. The Mathematical curriculum is fun and engaging, offering a range of extra-curricular opportunities throughout the year to excite students into the world of Number. The ultimate aim is to ensure that all students at Elms Bank have an opportunity to develop their Mathematical skills and progress to their personalised level.
- To enable pupils of all abilities to take an active role in Mathematics
- To develop pupils self-esteem and confidence with Number
- To develop communication skills
- To develop thinking and problem solving skills
- To relate Mathematical knowledge to independent living and experience
- To integrate Maths into whole school practice and teaching and learning