Global Learning, Independent Living & RESPECT (PSHCE)
Helping pupils understand where they come from and their own culture plays an important role within Elms Bank. The content of Cultural Studies combines the subjects of Religious Education, Geography and History. It encourages an awareness of the world around them, local community and other people’s culture. It also supports the pupils to develop their personal sense of awareness, group identity and togetherness.
- To enable pupils of all abilities to take an active role in their local community.
- To develop pupils' self-esteem and confidence.
- To develop communication skills and social interaction.
- To enhance awareness and knowledge of the world around them.
- To celebrate the different cultures within school.
- To experience difference aspects of culture and the local community.
- To experience a variety of activities from different times and cultures.
- To provide and maintain enriching extra-curricular activities.